The Benefits of Online Access
- View and Renew what you've borrowed from the library. Renewing items won't cancel fines, but it will stop them from accumulating.
- Search the online Catalog and Place a Hold on items you'd like to borrow.
- Change your User Name and Password to something more secure and easier for you to remember.
- Activate your checkout history.
Signing In for the First Time
Click on Your Account or go through the blue bar above under Catalog. When you click the link in the bar, you'll be leaving the Darcy Library website and entering our online Catalog. If you click the link at the start of this sentence, the login screen will open in a new window so you can still view these instructions.
Type in your library card Bar Code Number or User Name (if you already have one).
Enter your Password:
You will be asked to change your password for security purposes. The password will need to be at least 7 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number.
- Patrons registered after March 17, 2011, the last 4 digits of your phone number were automatically entered as your temporary password.
- Patrons registered prior to March 17, 2011, call the library staff so we can set the last 4 digits of your phone number as your temporary password.
After you change your password, the system will ask you to sign in again. You will now need to use your new password to access your account.
If you do not already have a User Name, a login name that will be easier to remember than your Bar Code Number, sign into your account, and do the following:
If you ever can't remember your User Name, you will still be able to sign into your account with your library card Bar Code Number.
- Click on the "My Account" link on the right side of the page near the top.
- Locate "Username" in the green account summary box, five rows down.
- Click the "Change" link at the far right of the "Username" row.
- Type in a User Name you'll remember, and Click the "Submit" button.